r1373 - / trunk/BOOK trunk/BOOK/cross-tools trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/common trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips64-64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/multilib trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 20:45:41 PDT 2006

On 4/13/06, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I've counted 9 emails that, in the last 2 weeks or so got no response at
> all.

What, pray tell, are these emails?  Unless certain emails to this list
aren't being delivered to me, I have an archive of EVERY email sent to
the cross-lfs list since the first of the year.  So, lets take the
last 2 weeks (short one day), and look at the messages sent to this
list since April 1st, excluding committ and Trac ticket messages, as
well as spam:

April 3: michi_w2001 at yahoo.de posts with a problem in compiling
autoconf.  Ken helps him work thru the problem, which turns out to be
related to the use of the Package-User hint.

April 5:  Matt (ikonia) requests a second list for support-related
inquiries - a request which, according to my understanding, was
already denied by those responsible for administering Belg.

April 6: Rob Landley asks how to filter away commit messages from the
list - I admit, there was no response to this one, but - no offense to
Rob - the function of this list isn't to educate how to set up filters
in a mail program.

April 7: Henry christenson was on a fishing expedition regarding some
ALSA problems - probably noone replied because none of us have those
kinds of problems - I know my laptop is of similar hardware, but I've
never seen the symptoms he describes, so I couldn't be of much help.

April 9: Joe posts his refined Makefile.

April 10: Peter Fosseus asks about booting vs chrooting - Lots of CLFS
guys chime in on this one to help Peter out - Myself, Matt, and a
couple of others as well.

April 11: Dirk Kleinschmidt posts a request for a config for a Mac
Mini - now as far as I know, none of the CLFS Devs has a Mac Mini, so
no-one would have been able to fulfill that request.

April 13: Peter again, with a compilation problem on Perl, to which
Matt has responded with a couple of suggestions.  Hopefully those help
to resolve the problem.

Other than that, everything else has been the results of you jumping
all over Jim.  Now, I don't get  how you get 9 messages being
unanswered in the last 2 weeks out of that.

Sorry this one was long - but I still feel the attack by Jeremy H was
unwarranted, and I wanted to document exactly why.  WHEN questions are
asked of us, we do respond.  If you have questions, ask!