r1373 - [....]

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 20:54:08 PDT 2006

On 4/13/06, Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Jeremy Utley wrote:
> > You chose to jump all over Jim for a package upgrade that has been
> > planned for quite some time.  I don't know about anyone else, but in
> > my opinion, that's uncool.
>
> I did politely ask. Read the beginning thread again. I said nothing that
> was jumping all over Jim. All I said was "What's this about?" The
> "nothing is shared on this list" is not aimed solely at Jim and is a
> related side point. Perhaps you'd understand my position if you kept
> yourself away from IRC for a month and tried to keep up with CLFS solely
> through the mailing list.

The later comment about nothing being shared on the list served to
nullify any politeness there may have been in the initial sentence,
and, at least to me, you came across as jumping all over Jim - and if
you came across that way to me, it probably came across that way to
others as well.

> As far as looking in the book, yes I could have done it, and probably
> should have. But seeing a log that says a certain page is removed seems
> pretty straightforward.

Except that, with your experience editing the CLFS book, you should
know there is heavy use of XIncludes inside the CLFS XML - a fact that
personally I don't like, but it does make the XML archive a lot
smaller, even if it doesn't make it easier to edit.  I don't think it
would have been that much of a stretch to think that the removed page
might have been replaced by an XInclude to another part of the book
that was identical.  I know that I would have checked the rendered
book before flying off like you did.