Staying correct and current.

Peter Fosseus peter at overdrive.co.za
Sat Apr 15 06:29:11 PDT 2006

Hi,

I realize that CLFS is perpetually moving target, but is there anyway that
someone could say if we can "insert" the updates easily or if they require a
re-build.

If you could say something like

Updated to GCC 4.1.0.      [no rebuild required, drop in replacement]
Updated to Linux 2.6.16.5. [no rebuild required, drop in replacement]
Updated to Glibc 2.4.      [rebuild required from "Chapter V. Building the LFS
System" onwards.]

It would make it easier for us to stay correct and current. I am about 1/2 way
through, using 4.0.3 and glibc--20051107, but would like to use the latest,
(4.1.0 ang glibc 2.4) one of my main reasons for using LFS.

-pete