Headers

William Zhou armageddonmagic at 163.com
Mon Apr 17 20:33:31 PDT 2006

William Zhou wrote:

> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>>
>> Jim Gifford wrote:
>>
>>> 2 - Have glibc build against the Raw Kernel headers as recommended by
>>> GLIBC folks
>>
>> Could you please provide a pointer to this recommendation?
>>

> 1. configure itself.
> --with-headers=PATH       location of system headers to use (for example
> /usr/src/linux/include) [default=compiler default]
>
> Only kernel will be installed in or symlinked to /usr/src/linux.
>
> 2. http://ninja.linux-phreak.biz/pipermail/clfs-dev/2006-April/000006.html
>

> William

Another discovery, taken from file INSTALL in the directory Glibc-2.4.

`--with-headers=DIRECTORY'
     Look for kernel header files in DIRECTORY, not `/usr/include'.
     Glibc needs information from the kernel's private header files.
     Glibc will normally look in `/usr/include' for them, but if you
     specify this option, it will look in DIRECTORY instead.

I think private header files means raw header files.

Last, I found this in the manual, not sure whether it is useful or not.
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_mono/libc.html.gz#Linux

William