cross-lfs.org Annoucement

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:32:09 PDT 2006

On 4/18/06, David Fix <g4ta4az02 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> cross-lfs-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> > Wow, that is very strange.  Can you access lfs-matrix.net?  I checked
> > the server and trac is running fine right now...so sorry, don't know
> > what to tell you.  We have a mirror, which has everything
> > except a svn
> > browser available here:
> >
> > http://clfs.be-linux.org/
> >
> > My server 209.172.44.8 doesn't have any silly firewall rules
> > that would
> > block you.  Don't know...
> >
> > Justin
>
> As a follow-up...  It was indeed my ISP blocking it...  :)  They said:
>
> > We have that IP null routed because someone using that IP was posting
> > unwanted content to one of our customers web servers.
> >
> > Are you in any way associated to that domain?
> > Wondered if we could track back what was happening.
>
> *shrug*  :P

Odd, that IP is Justin's dedicated server - wonder if the null-route
comes from a previous user of the IP - maybe you could find out from
your ISP for how long that block has been in place - if it dates back
to before Justin had the dedicated server, maybe we could work
together to help get it unblocked.

> I'm able to use the mirror at clfs.be-linux.org without a problem, though.
> :)

Glad to hear it - that's my mirror of CLFS - it's a little slow
because of latency in querying the Postgres database on Justin's
server, but it's definately useable.

Jeremy