Missing command for Linux-Headers-2.6.16.9-04192006.

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Thu Apr 20 00:59:54 PDT 2006

William Zhou wrote:

> I think the following commands should be added to the book.
> 5.4:
> cp -Rv include/asm-generic /tools/include/
>
> 10.5
> cp -av include/asm-generic /usr/include/
>
> BTW, the copy commands are not consistent.  In 5.4 it uses cp -Rv, but
> in 10.5 it uses cp -av.
>

> William Zhou

Don't really know anything about whether asm-generic should be copied,
but the reason the cp commands have different options is because the
"-a" option preserves permissions and timestamps, which are not
important on the temp-system. On the other hand, this might actually be
irrelevant since there is a find command run immediately after the
headers installation that changes the permissions and ownership anyway...