LFS and LVM?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Sun Aug 27 18:54:26 PDT 2006

I asked this before, but LVM seems to have come a long way since then.

I've two IDE drives and a SATA drive currently running 32 bit LFS from a
previous PIII build. I've played with the CLFS stuff on my Dual Opteron and
am getting ready to re-build my box from the ground-up as a pure-64 system.

I plan to keep / on a CD-sized partition, and put the rest, /usr, /var, /home
and whatever, on LVM managed drive space for easier management.

Would it be better to cross-compile LVM into /bin or /sbin so I can mount the
LVM-managed partitions when I re-boot into the build system, or build the
normal system, then add LVM, create the new partitions and then move
everything after?

Cheers,

	John Gay