udevsend: main: error sending message: Connection refused

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 3 06:45:58 PST 2006

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Jim Gifford wrote:

> This should probably be sent to lfs-dev and so Nathan can update the
> bootscripts.

  Matt B's udev_update branch is using dj's 20051223 bootscripts, plus a
patch to do the udev --daemon.  The bootscripts have changes all over
the shop (cleanups), which makes it hard to get a meaningful diff.

  As far as I can see, these bootscripts will be problematic for mips:
the mips patch is updated to raq2-9, but it no longer applies to the
console script (which has been majorly rewritten).

  Alternatively, we could use Matt's bootscripts patch (probably best to
symlink it as -3.2.2 to reduce confusion).

  And maybe we should move to udev084 ?

  I can't do a fresh build at the moment, but I can put any of these
changes (except raq2) into my current clfs system to test them if people
can indicate a preference.  Jim, any view on when the udev stuff in the
repo is likely to get into the book (and therefore, I hope, fix this
whole area) ?