getting 32bit mozilla plugins to work in 64bit

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 12:58:53 PST 2006

On 2/18/06, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>   I'm not totally averse to polluting my builds with binary plugins, but
> for people who build from source this approach provides very little
> benefit.  Yes, I know that building mozilla as 32-bit on x86_64 multilib
> is fairly painful, and I recognise that using a 32-bit mozilla tends to
> prevent you installing a 64-bit gecko and therefore breaks a lot of
> assumptions in gnome apps, so maybe this has some good points ;)

Last week I stumbled upon this open source flash player on savannah:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

Supposedly it builds 64 bit, but I don't have the resources to try it.
 I built it on my straight 32 bit x86 from CVS.  It built (with lots
of warnings), but just spun it's wheels on my processor without ever
producing any sound or video.

Just a heads up for now.

--
Dan