coreutils failing perl?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Tue Feb 21 02:47:16 PST 2006

This isn't a request for assistance, just a comment regarding my progress with
CLFS-20060130.

I got the minimal system booting at ch-7, with lots of hotplug errors, and
proceded to build ch-10 of the x86-64 Pure 64 book. Everything went fine
until I got to coreutils, which failed building uname.1 because perl couldn't
find POSIX.pm?

Sure enough this was no where in the paths perl claimed to search. So I tried
re-building Temporary Perl-5.8.7 again, but it wouldn't build since I'd
allready adjusted the toolchain and re-built binutils and GCC.

Since I've got the system booting, I'm hoping I can back-out the toolchain
adjustment, wipe GCC and binutils and backtrack to building Temporary Perl
again, watching to see where I missed POSIX.pm the first time.

One thing I'm wondering, would I be able to use this 20060130 boot system to
build the newer 20060219 book?

Cheers,

	John Gay