libgcc_s is not linked in applications. Any suggestion?

William Zhou armageddonmagic at 163.com
Wed Feb 22 11:52:08 PST 2006

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I know they are different. /cross-tools is the place where cross
compiler stays and it will be discarded after the temporary system in
/tools is built.
/tools is the temporary system which will be boot/chroot in to finish
the LFS.

What I am trying to do is to put the cross compiler into /cross-tools
instead of splitting into two directories. It has nothing to do with the
temporary
system yet. I just want to build a working cross compiler.

In my opinion, we should make the process more intuitive. First we make
a cross compiler, and then we compile a temporary system, and we either
boot to the system or chroot to the system. Finally we installed
everything we need for the new system, and that is it.

The process we have now is mixing the cross compiler and the temporary
system in the beginning.
1. install   libc-headers     into   /tools /include
2. install   binutils            into   /cross-tools
3. install   gilbc-headers   into   /tools
4. install   gcc-static        into   /cross-tools
5. install   glibc-full          into    /tools
6. install   gcc-full           into    /cross-tools
7. install   binutils           into    /tools

Instead, can we use methods like this:
1. install   libc-headers   into   /cross-tools
2. install   binutils          into   /cross-tools
3. install   glibc-headers into   /cross-tools
4. install   gcc-static       into   /cross-tools
5. install   glibc-full         into   /cross-tools
6. install   gcc-full          into   /cross-tools
and then start the temporary system construction:
7. install   libc-headers   into   /tools
8. install   binutils           into   /tools
9. install   gcc               into    /tools

Will this mechanism work or simply it cannot be archived because of the
way it works?

William Zhou