ppc64 build, was Re: libgcc_s is not linked in applications. Any suggestion?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:06:26 PST 2006

On 2/22/06, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>   I'd never heard of paldo before, the repository looked interesting
> until I saw they're using 'smake' for cdrtools - bad taste in mouth for
> readers of lkml ;)

Juerg Billeter is one of the devs, and he's an LFSer.  He popped in a
few weeks ago to offer some advice on blfs-dev (or support maybe) for
OOo.  It's my new alternative distro of choice when looking for fixes
or BBLFS packages.  The specs files are extremely simple to read since
they're just XML and only targetting x86{,_64}.  The toolchain is
built very similarly to CLFS, too (STARTFILE_PREFIX_SPEC jumped out at
me).

Ah, schily.  I don't do enough lurking on lkml, but just trying to
handle the mangled build systems in cdrtools and dvd+rw-tools gets my
undies in a bundle.  Unfortunately, they seem to be excellent
programs, so I make due.  I don't know Juerg's reasons for including
smake, though.

--
Dan