problem compiling gcc402 final

Julie Bouillon julie.bouillon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:38:26 PST 2006

Hi Ken,

On 1/6/06, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Julie Bouillon wrote:
>
>   I used JH's patch from lfs-patches, but I doubt that is the problem.

I should have checked for this in the patch  list.  Silly of me...

>   After binutils, I followed Jeremy in building glibc headers, just like
> e.g. x86_64 multilib except that pthreadtypes.h comes from
> .../linux/powerpc/bits/  - I don't know if this is necessary, but it
> didn't hurt.

I'll do that  on my next try.

>   Ouch.  You really need
>         echo "slibdir=/tools/lib64" >>configparms
>   otherwise you're likely to overwrite the 32-bit library.  I've done
> that on x86_64.

I checked in my command history and indeed I didn't updated
configparms. This really looks like the origin of the problem.

>   I had a sed for CROSS_SYSTEM_HEADER_DIR here, I think we still need it
> (unless it just dropped out of your notes).

This one has been done, probably a cut and paste error.

>   I think this probably means you don't have a 32-bit libc, because of
> the missing slibdir. Ah, yes indeed, you show your libc is 64-bit.

This is really what I'm experiencing right now.

I'll try again with an updated configparms for glibc...
Thanks for your help,

Julie