Bug: Gettext build bug in CLFS

Michael J. Hammel cross-lfs at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jan 11 11:15:29 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 13:49 -0500, Chris Staub wrote:
> No, that's deliberate. If you look at LFS, you'll see it does the same
> thing (I guess CLFS just needs a little extra text explaining it). The
> idea is that not all of gettext is needed for the temp. system, so only
> the 1 necessary program is built and installed.

Okay, I see the problem - the cd into gettext-tools was not for a single
step but for the whole set of steps.  I kept looking in the top level
directory for src and lib and they weren't there.  It's fixed now.

BTW, stable LFS has gettext in the temporary tools section using just
make and make install.  DevLFS uses the -C lib and -C src options
instead.  I had checked LFS, but had only looked at the stable version.

Thanks (and to Jim too).
--
Michael J. Hammel           |  Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, cuz,
The Graphics Muse           |  like, you're crunchy and taste good with