2.6.14.6 build error

Michael J. Hammel cross-lfs at graphics-muse.org
Mon Jan 16 10:34:26 PST 2006

I got the following when building 2.6.14.6 using MIPS Multilib after the
modules_install step (or more likely at the end of that step):

if [ -r System.map -a -x /sbin/depmod ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F
System.map -b /mnt/lfs-mips -r 2.6.14.6drs; fi
/bin/sh: line 1: 21614 Segmentation fault      /sbin/depmod -ae -F
System.map -b /mnt/lfs-mips -r 2.6.14.6drs
make[1]: *** [_modinst_post] Error 139

This looks to be using the host depmod.  I have a /mnt/lfs/sbin/depmod
(actually, /mnt/lfs-mips), but that is a MIPS binary so that shouldn't
be getting used.  I'm not very familiar with depmod's internals - should
it be able to read cross compiled kernels in order to do it's thing?
Did I miss a step and should have a host-based depmod that can read MIPS
kernels as part of the CLFS toolchain build?

FYI - my host platform is Fedora Core 3 x86.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |   Give me the strength to change the things I
The Graphics Muse           |   can, the grace to accept the things I can't