Mount at boot time

Dirk Kleinschmidt dirk.kleinschmidt at gmx.net
Mon Jan 16 10:43:39 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

I just successfully compiled clfs on my mac mini. Now the following issue
comes up: When I start lfs the kernel loads fine. But the root filesystem
gets mounted read-only always which causes errors on init startup because
messages from the bootscripts cannot be written to /dev/null. Without any
corrections the system startup stops here and some moments later a message
appears that no more processes are running for the current runlevel.

I fixed the problem with removing the error pipeout from /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc
(in the line below #start all functions in this runlevel. But now I get the
following messages:

NET: Registered protocol family 1
Mounting kernel-based file system:/etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S00mountkernfs: line
22: /dev/null: Read only file system
/proc/etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S00mountkernfs: line 27: /dev/null: Read only
file system

and so on...

Any ideas why the fs get mounted read only on every startup? I checked
/etc/fstab twice. I looks like in CLFS. Any suggestions how to fix that
issue?

Greetings,
Dirk