Cross LFS and UTF-8

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 17 16:00:12 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 01/17/06 17:48 CST:

> If you are one of the CLFS devs and feel as Jim does, please speak up
> and state your reasons why. I feel very strongly that CLFS should *not*
> try unecessarily to differ itself from LFS, but that it should try to
> synchronize with it as much as possible.

I second Jeremy's sentiments. I didn't want to mention anything in
my previous email as Jim thinks I'm out only to speak negatively
about CLFS. But that is not, nor has ever been the case. I just
am an opinionated person, and sometimes I feel folks are simply
too sensitive too remarks about their work, or ideas.

Now, granted, as I've said before, there are times when I come
across as less than tactful, but it is not intentional and for
those times I've always tried to go back and retract if necessary,
and reword. Keep in mind, it is okay to disagree with something or
somebody, just don't be disagreeable going about it.

--
Randy

17:54:00 up 115 days, 3:18, 3 users, load average: 0.24, 0.28, 0.22