Cross LFS and UTF-8

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue Jan 17 16:26:57 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Jim, this touches on something deeper than that. It's *not* just up to
> the leader. You have to consider how it affects the other projects, and
> the community as well. By saying "we don't like how it's done in LFS,
> we're going to find another way. We don't know how yet, but we will"
> you're striking a chord of segragation. You're not even attempting to
> fix the 'problem' at the source. That is where my beef with this lies.

It's not going to affect the other projects at all. But how we can we
even investigate the alternative build methods without us trying it
first. Once we get some data, we can put it on the table, but until we
can get to that point, it's all hearsay. We just started our
investigations, please give us a chance to finish them.

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org
lfs at jg555.com