Cross LFS and UTF-8

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 17 19:13:31 PST 2006

Jim Gifford wrote:

> But CLFS will discover the more issues sooner than LFS, due to it's
> multi-architecture build method. That's why it's being tested in this
> manner.

Architecture doesn't have anything to do with it. Nor, I think, does it
have anything to do with the reasons you object to the way it is
presented in LFS.

What harm is there with getting LFS right first? It's probably easier
too, *because* of the simplicity of LFS. Once you're satisfied with how
it is in LFS, *then* start porting it and ripple back any bumps you hit
on other archs.

--
JH