UTF-8

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Jan 18 23:35:17 PST 2006

Jim Gifford wrote:

> With the recent thread in Cross-LFS and LFS-dev lists, I wanted to
> pose an idea. Couldn't we add the utf-8 pages to an appendix and refer
> to them via notes in the builds, like we currently do with Cracklib in
> Shadow, the only difference is that we would be refering to an
> appendix in the book.

And the appendix for most packages will have one line saying "you need
this patch" and a paragraph explaining why the patch is needed (e.g., a
detailed testcase currently missing from the book).

Alternative proposal:

Patches go to the main package page, and a note is placed just below
that, pointing to testcases and other details in the appendix.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov