MIPs Multilib network boot panics when looking for init

Michael J. Hammel cross-lfs at graphics-muse.org
Thu Jan 19 08:36:59 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 13:06 +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
>   I've no experience with MIPS, but as a general principle it's dangerous
> to change /tools to something different.  Just like in vanilla LFS, we
> may hard code it into patches.  So, you should review the patches (and
> seds) in case a reference to /tools is still in there.
>
>   You might be able to use 'readelf -l' from your cross-compiled binutils
> to take a look at the 'Requesting program interpreter:' fields of the
> binaries for the target [this is a guess, but I don't see why it
> shouldn't work :-) ].

This did show that you are probably right about your analysis.  I ran
readelf -l on $(LFS)/sbin/init and found this:

 [Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib64/ld.so.1]

So either the patches have it hard coded or my build environment mucked
it up.  I had changed /tools to /tools-mips when I was experimenting
with sharing the LFS directory (bad idea) for different builds.  I
changed to a configurable LFS for different builds and so I don't need
to change the name of /tools anymore.

Thanks.  I'll fix this and try again.  Something tells me this is the
real problem.
--
Michael J. Hammel <cross-lfs at graphics-muse.org>