Jim's RPM hint

Michael J. Hammel cross-lfs at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jan 25 14:42:53 PST 2006

Jim:  I'm looking at using your RPM hint as a basis for building a
complete RPM based distro after booting the target.  This may be an
uphill battle, but I thought I'd try.  It would be easier to use RPM to
manage the distribution than releasing giant tarballs of the root fs.

Anyway, I got all the prerequisites built in the temporary tools phase
except for RPM itself.  I grabbed 4.4.2 from the jbj.org web site and
the two patches from LFS downloads.  However, the tarball for RPM seems
to be missing the file/autogen.sh file, so the posix-1 patch fails.

I just wanted to check with you if you know if that patch should work
with that particular tarball.  Maybe the tarball got changed or
something?  Or maybe the patch was for a 4.4.2 tarball originally from
another location?
--
Michael J. Hammel <cross-lfs at graphics-muse.org>