problems in the boot phase

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 27 07:30:45 PST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Jari Kankaala wrote:

> Maybe it would be better to build the whole thing from the Gentoo
> CD instead and chroot? I'd really like to understand what goes
> wrong though.

  My preference is to always chroot, I'm (at last) more comfortable
working in xterms.  However, the book is intended to guide you through
booting from a different host architecture.  Please review section 7.13
- you should have cross-compiled using ARCH=x86_64 and
CROSS_COMPILE=${LFS_TARGET}-
  - sounds as if you might have missed that ?