CLFS and VIA eden based board.

Rainer Peter Feller Rainer-Peter.Feller at physik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jan 30 01:45:56 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 15:26 +0100, Wim Vandamme wrote:

> Anyway, for Chapter 10, I will try to play around with -march=i486 and
> maybe have
> a look at the hint: "How to build LFS for different sub-architectures"
> from Ted Bullock.

Once upon a time there where the 2.4.x linux kernel, and there has been
that wonderfull uname-i586.c.
But then suddenly there came that linux 2.6.x and that uname-i586.c
didn't work any more, because it didn't understood the new language of
module building.
Then there was that guy that wanted to run a 2.6.x systen on am old
brave i386-dx40 with 16MB main memory (YES, me (-;) an that guy looked
into the code and adopted the source and build that Makefile ... erm ...
o.k. here it is :-)

CUH Rainer Peter Feller