r1965 - / trunk/BOOK/final-system/common

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Tue Jul 11 09:22:33 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Just a quick thought from someone who used to hang out at some
> Perl ng's. The *Perl* convention is:
>
> perl Makefile.PL
> make
> make test
> make install
>
> That is how it is expected, and changing 'make test' to 'make check'
> doesn't help anyone. In fact, it actually sets a poor example, as
> READMEs and most all other Perl literature will say to use 'make test'.

First off, it was not my commit, my name is used to sync to LFS.org, but
the commit was done by chris. When the new server gets online, that will
change how we do our svn mirroring for the CLFS website to the LFS
website and the confusing will be eliminated.
http://trac.cross-lfs.org/browser/trunk/svn_mirroring.txt

Modified:
   /
   trunk/BOOK/final-system/common/bash.xml
   trunk/BOOK/final-system/common/perl.xml
Log:
 r4483 at server (orig r2066):  chris at beaker67.com | 2006-07-11 06:05:11 -0700

 Changed commands for bash and perl testsuites for more consistency with most other packages

Second Chris and I just discussed it and the change will be reverted.