Announcing CLFS 1.0.0rc3 - The "Bender" release

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Wed Jul 26 18:34:06 PDT 2006

And just as I finished building CLFS-1.0.0rc2, time to start again (-;

Just wanted to say, great work! I managed to build the entire X86-64 pure 64
build in just under two full days on my Dual Opteron.

My only complaint, and this applies to LFS as well, GPM isn't included, which
makes copying commands from one term to the next quite long and
disaster-laden. My fix is to build gpm as soon as I have bison installed so I
can cut-N-paste. Really saves my fingers, though by that time it's too
little, too late.

I also cross-compile lynx so I can read the book once I boot into the minimal
build system.

I haven't tested my build completely yet, but I didn't notice anything I had
to change from the book as I built.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

	John Gay