Announcing CLFS 1.0.0rc3 - The "Bender" release

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:15:36 PDT 2006

On 7/26/06, John Gay <johngay at eircom.net> wrote:

> My only complaint, and this applies to LFS as well, GPM isn't included, which
> makes copying commands from one term to the next quite long and
> disaster-laden. My fix is to build gpm as soon as I have bison installed so I
> can cut-N-paste. Really saves my fingers, though by that time it's too
> little, too late.
>
> I also cross-compile lynx so I can read the book once I boot into the minimal
> build system.

John - I have something you might just find interesting and useful.
It's still in a raw state, but it's far enough that I feel comfortable
having an experienced builder try it:

http://hurricane.jutley.org/ssh-hint.txt

Since I build on so many headless machines (my Sparc, MIPS, and PPC
machines all run headless under normal circumstances), and I hate
building via serial console, I wrote up this little hint which
installs Inetutils, IPROUTE2, DHCPCD, and the Dropbear SSH server
(meant for embedded systems) as part of the initial cross-built
programs.  This way, you can  SSH in to do your final build.

Jeremy