Announcing CLFS 1.0.0rc3 - The "Bender" release

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 22:51:39 PDT 2006

On 7/27/06, Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 10:15:36AM -0700, Jeremy Utley wrote:
> >
> > John - I have something you might just find interesting and useful.
> > It's still in a raw state, but it's far enough that I feel comfortable
> > having an experienced builder try it:
> >
> > http://hurricane.jutley.org/ssh-hint.txt
> >
>  I'll have to take a look at this later (not now, I've got too much
> going on, and I'm approaching what I call the "up to my arse in
> alligators" stage :-o
>
>  I've got ssh and nfs-client running in my ppc64 'boot' system, but
> getting it working did my head in both times (first time was some
> weeks ago) so I'm in no rush to look at other things.  Well, when I
> say 'working', I'm connecting to a number rather than a hostname.

I know how it is being busy - I am the same way myself.  My goal is to
get that cleaned up enough that I can put it into the CLFS Trac wiki
as a hint.  What's up there now is simply my quick notes on how to get
them built and working properly.  I have so many headless machines
here that it's almost an essential thing for me.

Anyone else who feels willing, give them a try!

-J-