Error compiling autoconf in Chapter 10

Virgil Anderson vda at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 15 13:32:22 PDT 2006

You might try removing and re-extracting perl-5.8.8;
The temp version introduces some hokie-ness which seems to build an abbreviated version of perl
When I build perl in the “real” phase it seems to rebuild this shorter version and continues to point the macro search to the /tools directory.  Perl usually takes a while to build, but this version is done in a flash. I get a missing Glob.pm message also in autoconf, which indicates it is still searching the perl /tools macro collection.
vda at earthlink.net