RFC - Raw Kernel Headers

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue Mar 7 21:47:11 PST 2006

Jim Gifford wrote:
> A lot of you may have noticed the LLH kernel headers have not been
> updated as promised. With that in mind, I decided to do some tests over
> the past few days building LFS and CLFS with raw kernel headers.
> Unfortunately the raw kernel headers are not enough, but with minor
> modifications, they do work perfectly. I have tested 6 builds on 3
> different platforms, x86, Sparc, and MIPS. With no issues at all. I
> created a small bash script that will create the headers. This script is
> available at http://ftp.jg555.com/headers/headers.

Thanks for your research. Please perform the following testsuite and
tell us the results:

1) For every header that is also present in linux-libc-headers, the
following one-line C file should successfully compile, even with
-Werror, to an object file, with and without the -ansi switch:

#include <header.h>

2) Compile dosemu (maybe without X).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov