RFC - Raw Kernel Headers

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 8 07:48:37 PST 2006

Jim Gifford wrote:
> Based on comments that I have received, I've updated the script. I will
> start putting in a version # at the top. Thank you all for you comments
> and suggestions. I really appreciate them.

Cool, Jim. Overall, good work. A couple of things:

* As the script currently is, it requires that you always use '/usr/src'
and that the user running the script have write access to that dir. I
think it might be useful to have the script run in the current working
directory - or at the very least, be able to specify in which dir to run.

* Your script uses the flag --passive-ftp to wget. On my version of
wget, 1.9.1, the proper flag is --passive. Is --passive-ftp correct on
older versions or is this just a typo?

I've included a patch that resolves both of the above issues.

Also, if we get this working, might it be useful to add in the multilib
header stubs all at once instead of having to maintain patches for the
book? Or, at least make it so the script can also generate the new patches.

Just a couple of thoughts. Hope they're helpful.

--
JH