nVidia install problems

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Sat Mar 11 07:23:49 PST 2006

On Saturday 11 March 2006 13:10, John Gay wrote:
<SNIP>

> So it still looks like a kernel incompatibility issue. Do you think I
> should as on lkml? (-;
>
> Think I'll try nVidia first.

Well, as the good book says, "google and yea shall find" or in this case,
register with nVidia, log into the forum and search for the error, and find
the patch to fix the compile problem.

So now it compiled and installed, but it spread stuff
between /usr/X11R6/lib, /usr/X11R6/lib64 and /usr/X11R6/lib32?

First attempt failed to find the nvidia X driver, which was
in /usr/X11R6/lib64, so I added that line to xorg.conf and X started, but now
glxinfo and glxgears fails to find an RGB space?

I'm not happy with three different X11R6/lib's, so I'll have to dig through
the --advanced settings to see where I can fix this properly.

Cheers,

	John Gay