Build kdebase fails )-:

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Mar 15 14:14:53 PST 2006

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Ryan Kish wrote:

> Reading through the replies to John's email, it looks like I should
> try to rebuild Xorg, possibly with Xorg 6.9 and then kde? Can anyone
> inform me how to force Xorg to build a shared  libXau? Anyone happen
> to have suggestions for the site.def file?

  I haven't tried 6.9 on multilib yet (and I'm not close to trying), but
on Pure64 6.9 didn't need any coaxing to build the shared library, it
was only after John said he was using 6.8 that I noticed the difference.
So, if you are going to use 6.9, it might "just work".

  Alternatively, you might want to check the patches for 6.8 that Joe
has referred to.