ppc32 Making the LFS system bootable

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 21 05:00:56 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Dragos Ionita wrote:

> I just finished building a CLFS install for ppc32, and I've found
> that running ybin alone in chapter 12 would not be successful.
>
> If I run ybin, it would complain about two things:
>
> 1) the HFS partition that was selected, had not been initialised

  Were you building from a Live CD ?  At this stage of the build, I've
always had an older system on the box, so my bootstrap partition was
always formatted.  I'm just trying to identify exactly what happened so
we can tighten up the wording.

> 2) it couldn't find /dev/nvram

  This part worries me - it sounds as if udev had created the disk
devices, but omitted nvram.  I've not seen that.