chroot method: archs combos allowed

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Mar 25 05:07:15 PST 2006

El Sábado, 25 de Marzo de 2006 13:56, Ken Moffat escribió:

>   Why do you think that x86_64-64 can't do the same ?  Provided the
> kernel can do 32-bit emulation (OK, that is probably not mandatory for
> pure64), both variants of x86_64 should have the same capabilities for
> cross-compiling.

My concern is that we could to test if the 32-bits libraries are presents, but
in a pure-64 system, how could we test if the 32-bit emulation is supported
by the kernel?

>   For ppc, 'G5' macs (970 processors) need a 64-bit kernel anyway, so you
> have to go beyond the book to build the headers, C cross-compiler and
> binutils (only).  Therefore, they can equally chroot while trying to
> build ppc64 multilib.

I'm lost when spooking about that archs. I will need "answers for dumbs" to
know what triplets combos are allowed and what not :-?

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia