problem to enter to chroot method

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 27 11:43:55 PST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Nicolas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when i tape the following command :
> chroot "$LFS" /tools/bin/env -i HOME=/root .................
>
> i have this error message : chroot: cannot run command '/tools/bin/env': No
> such file or directory
>
> and i have env program in /tools/bin

 _If_ you can run /tools/bin/ldd on it, it will probably show something
linked againstthe host's libraries, but in this case

> in lfs user or root user, if i tape /tools/bin/ls (example), i have bash:
> /tools/bin/ls:cannot execute binary file

 I think your kernel probably does not match the architecture you are
building.  e.g. building for x86_64 multilib or pure64, and using an
i686 kernel, OR building for x86_64 multilib using a pure64 kernel which
does not have ia32 emulation in its config. (and you will not be able to
run ldd on it)

 If this doesn't help, please supply some more detail, particularly host
and target.