CFLAGS

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 16:47:27 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> My vote is for number 2. Mostly because it gets rid of a small extra
> page and two extra command lines. If we want to add a small note to
> the page in 4.5 about why we don't want CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS set, all
> the better.
> --
> JH

I'm going to opt for 2.5. Moving the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS info to the
page where the bashrc is created. It would suck if the user forgot to
unset the flags from their host. I do it every so often. A note stating
something like "Having CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS set during the build can
cause builds to fail" would make more sense that having a whole page
dedicated to saying "CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS must not be set during the
building of cross tools." It might even reduce the render time by a
second or two.