ppc32 Making the LFS system bootable

Dragos Ionita dragosi at web.de
Wed Mar 29 00:07:18 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Ken Moffat wrote:

> Were you building from a Live CD ? At this stage of the build, I've
> always had an older system on the box, so my bootstrap partition was
> always formatted. I'm just trying to identify exactly what happened so
>we can tighten up the wording.

Yep, I was using a LiveCD, Gentoo 2006.0 (sorry), as the current LFS
LiveCD doesn't support my Powerbooks IDE controller (the last G4
model Powerboks).

> 2) it couldn't find /dev/nvram

> This part worries me - it sounds as if udev had created the disk
> devices, but omitted nvram. I've not seen that.

Well, I guess this could have something to do with the fact the
udevstart isn't executed anywhere in the CLFS book, not even after
it's installed; as opposed to the LFS stable/dev, where udevstart is
executed after compiling.