Building from a 64-bit bootCD?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Tue Mar 28 19:36:31 PST 2006

After many false starts cross-compiling, I'm thinking of trying to build from
the lfslivecd-x86_64-CRS051009-pre1.iso instead.

In an attempt to make it more usefull, I've copied the contents to a new iso
file, and added the missing packages and the CLFS book.

Since the system will now be running a 64-bit kernel, can I skip the
cross-tools and start my build from /tools instead?

My box is a Dual Opteron-248, and I'll be following Version CLFS-SVN-20060327
Pure 64 x86_64. Since I'll be running from a 64-bit system, I should be able
to chroot instead of booting the minimal system.

Thanks for all the help so far. Unfortunately, with my work schedule, I work
4x12 Hour days each week, and get ALOT of grief from the wife working on this
box the other 3 days (-;

Cheers,

	John Gay