Testing the headers

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 4 12:13:59 PDT 2006

 Now that we are using the new headers in clfs, we seem to be
reaching the pain (the apps that want an intimate knowledge of the
kernel headers).  The base clfs systems seem to build reliably, but
a few others keep breaking as changes are made for other things, a
case of one step forward, two steps back.  Time to start testing the
troublesome apps against the  day's headers script.

 The two applications in this category that I care about are
strace-4.5.14 and dhcp-3.0.2, but I'm sure there are others,
particularly those that reference include/net.

 I can probably run fairly-regular tests, if I can identify which
apps give problems.  So, can anyone who has encountered breakage in
post-clfs (or post-lfs) apps let me know *which* apps ?

 At the moment, I'm only intending to test if apps compile.