How to know when to build 32bit libs?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Fri Oct 13 02:06:13 PDT 2006

After quite a bit of playing, thinking and reading the pure-64 version, I
decided to have a look at the multi-lib version and one question pops to
mind.

Several packages build 32bit libs first, then install the 64bit version, but
not all of them? So, how will I know when I need to do this when I continue
on with BLFS?

My personal preference would be to install the 64bit libs in /lib and 32bit
stuff in /lib32, but too many packages are configured the 'wrong' way ATM. I
guess when 32bit gets old, they'll learn better (-;

Cheers,

	John Gay