question about bash's job control feature (bash-3.2, patch level 15).

hero sun armhero at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:44:11 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

With the help of Cross-LFS, I built a cross-compiled bash 3.2 for
arm-linux successfully.

But there is a very surprised issue, the bash job control feature is
invalid in my console(/dev/ttySAC1). e.g. when I use following
commands the shell will be frozen because the 'yes' command:
[root at ucdragon ~]# bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.2.15(1)-release (arm-unknown-linux-gnu)
[root at ucdragon ~]# echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
[root at ucdragon ~]# yes > /dev/null
(press Ctrl-Z, no effect here, console keep forzen).

But, when I login the board by telnet (i.e, a pty terminal), the same
commands works well (job control feature is present), e.g.
[root at ucdragon ~]# bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.2.15(1)-release (arm-unknown-linux-gnu)
[root at ucdragon ~]# echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
[root at ucdragon ~]# yes > /dev/null
 (press Ctrl-Z after command, no real echo in this line.)
[1]+  Stopped                 yes > /dev/null
[root at ucdragon ~]# bg 1
[1]+ yes > /dev/null &
[root at ucdragon ~]#

Could anyone tell me how to resolve this issue?

B.R.

sunxq.