gcc in section 5.8.1 does not compile without the omitted mpfr and gmp

Lapohos Tibor tibor.lapohos at rogers.com
Sat Nov 14 10:10:18 PST 2009

Hello All,

Unlike in LSF-6.4 or 6.5, section 5.8.1 omits mpfr and gmp. If I proceed so, gcc-4.4.0 does not compile, it's asking for them.

Since the website has been down, I do not have and hence I did not apply the 4.2.4 "cross_search" patch, which could or could have not been the right thing to do anyway. Is this the culprit? I did apply the "branch" patch though. Does this include the functionalities of the formerly mentioned as well?

Once I added the above two packages, the compilation took place very nicely, so I wonder whether this is a bug in the book or the configuration files, or I am doing something completelly wrong by trying to use 4.4.0?

Thank you All in advance,
Tibor