[elinks-dev] upcoming Debian ELinks 0.11.3-1; release 0.11.4?

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag giridhar at appaji.net
Sat Jan 19 23:07:54 PST 2008

On 08/01/19 10:00 +0200, Kalle Olavi Niemitalo said ...
> Y Giridhar Appaji Nag <giridhar at appaji.net> writes:
>
> > elinks-0.11.3.tar.bz2.  The debian/, po/*.gmo, po/.deps, config.log,
> > config.status and features.log have been removed.  But 988 is a nice to
>
> We should keep po/*.gmo in elinks-*.tar.gz though, so that users
> can install ELinks even if they don't have a msgfmt program.
> I see you didn't ask for those to be removed in bug 988, either.

That is right.  I noticed it being mentioned in po/README (or some place
else) so did not request removal of *.gmo.

As an aside, I feel that people who tend to use po files will have
msgfmt (and those using distribution packages don't need it anyway).

> Why do you remove po/.deps?  It's an empty directory so it
> shouldn't cause any problems with patching.

No strong reason in particular (but that one kinda goes with the .gmo
files so I removed it).

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/