[elinks-users] Re: Strange terminal problem using elm and mutt

Jonas Fonseca fonseca at diku.dk
Mon Jul 7 15:00:55 PDT 2003

Jonas Simpson <jonassimpson at yahoo.com> wrote Mon, Jul 07, 2003:
> It runs from the script htmlview, which is in
> /usr/bin/htmlview.  I'm guessing that elm calls
> htmlview?  Not really sure of the exact mechanism.

[23:52:27]fonseca at ask:~ > cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla)
[23:52:35]fonseca at ask:~ > grep htmlview /etc/mailcap
text/html; /usr/bin/htmlview %s ; copiousoutput

This practically means that elinks takes over the terminal while your
MUA still runs and thus looks very strange. Try to put

	text/html; elinks %s

in your ~/.mailcap file if you want to view the page in elinks or

	text/html; elinks --dump %s ; copiousoutput

if you want to view the page in the MUA (assuming it reads ~/.mailcap).

Unsubscribe: send email to elinks-users-request at linuxfromscratch.org