[elinks-users] Re: scrolling up and down with INSERT and DELETE keys?

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Jul 21 13:27:16 PDT 2003

Dear diary, on Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 08:30:42PM CEST, I got a letter,
where clemens fischer <ino-qc at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org> told me, that...
> i'm setting up a new machine here.  it has elinks 0.4.2, which can
> scroll up/down two lines at a time using the INSERT and DELETE keys,
> but currently only INSERT works, but not DELETE.
>
> i'm typing "elinks" to start it from the bash command line in an aterm
> (xterm without tektronix emu), so this might have to do with [ax]term
> resources.  could somebody please tell me what to try to find the
> cause of this?

Well, try to catch the escape sequence sent by the "delete" key, ie. by
cat (or cat >/dev/null).

Normally, it should look like ^[[3~. xterm should have some settings regarding
what to send as the "delete" key.

Of course, you could also just look at lowlevel/kbd.c:process_queue() and wire
there the escape sequence you get ;-) (it should be quite straightforward even
if you are not experienced C programmer, ask further if in doubt).

Kind regards,

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.