[elinks-users] Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] elinks-0.5pre8 (Skyrider)

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Fri Nov 7 16:29:13 PST 2003

Dear diary, on Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:18:01PM CET, I got a letter,
where Jean-Yves Levesque <jyves at nortelnetworks.com> told me, that...
> Two questions regarding 0.5pre8:
>
> - I noticed the bakgroiund colors sometimes miss it whenever there is nothing
>   on the left of a table. To understand what I just mumbled, look at
>
> 	http://slashdot.org/
>
>   and look for bgcolors where there is nothing on the left. the bgcolor starts
>   completely on the left side and not at the start of the column.
>  (By the way, 256 colors is neat!)

Wow, so the background colors are getting to such an state that people
are actually complaining about particular deficiencies, previously
undistinguishable from the total mess ;-)). Congrats, Jonas.

This bug is known and there's various funny stuff about this, but
generally the HTML engine we build upon is not quite designed for this
kind of stuff so this is still work in progress. We (Jonas) cleaned up
most of the weird behaviour already but this is an example of what is
still there.

> - Whenever I use to Go (g) command, I do not seem to be able to paste with
>   the mouse. Is it there something wrong with my setting or is it a bug?

Do you press a shift when pressing the mouse button(s)?

> On a unrelated note, are there any plans for JavaScript soon?

Certainly not before Christmas, and I guess not right after the
Christmas neither...

Kind regards,

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis