[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] elinks-0.5pre10 (Skyrider)

Tony falcon611 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 15:08:18 PST 2003

Hi list,

Well done to 'the crew' on another ELinks release; It certainly will be a
no-contest against other browsers ('heavyweight console browser champion'
:-) ), if not already...

A few 'little things';
* Whats the current state of the LED's, and what are (/were) they supposed
to do? They just seem to have a quite a bit of potential, eg 'flashing'
when ELinks is opening something, etc
* Tabs. I remember posting something about this before, but I think this
really would be a nice feature to have. I noticed there are already keys
for tabs, but they're all for creating them. I'm thinking 't' would be best
used for 'Open selected link in background' (or just 'Open selected link',
and have an option to change), and 'T' for 'Create tab', which prompts for
a URL and opens a tab in the foreground. Seriously, browsers like Mozilla
and Opera have earn major points for tabs...
* I can't seem to get SSL working properly, it keeps telling me "This
version of ELinks does not contain SSL/TSL support". I compiled with
--with-ssl and gave a directory- is it a bug, or is it currently disabled?

Cheers for now,

/Tony

 --- Petr Baudis <pasky at ucw.cz> wrote: >   Hello,