[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] elinks-0.5pre10 (Skyrider)

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Mon Nov 17 02:10:37 PST 2003

Dear diary, on Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:08:18AM CET, I got a letter,
where Tony <falcon611 at yahoo.com> told me, that...
> Hi list,

Hi,

> Well done to 'the crew' on another ELinks release; It certainly will be a
> no-contest against other browsers ('heavyweight console browser champion'
> :-) ), if not already...

Thanks :).

> A few 'little things';
> * Whats the current state of the LED's, and what are (/were) they supposed
> to do? They just seem to have a quite a bit of potential, eg 'flashing'
> when ELinks is opening something, etc

Yes it would be nice to get this thing sorted out before 0.5.0.
Basically, the most important thing needing to be done is make them
per-session, now they are global, so you can't use it for the most of
useful things like https indicator etc.

> * Tabs. I remember posting something about this before, but I think this
> really would be a nice feature to have. I noticed there are already keys
> for tabs, but they're all for creating them. I'm thinking 't' would be best
> used for 'Open selected link in background' (or just 'Open selected link',
> and have an option to change), and 'T' for 'Create tab', which prompts for
> a URL and opens a tab in the foreground. Seriously, browsers like Mozilla
> and Opera have earn major points for tabs...

Uh? ELinks supports tabs. Or I somehow missed the point...?

> * I can't seem to get SSL working properly, it keeps telling me "This
> version of ELinks does not contain SSL/TSL support". I compiled with
> --with-ssl and gave a directory- is it a bug, or is it currently disabled?

Interesting. Where do you have the libssl and OpenSSL includes
installed? Could you please show us the config.log?

Kind regards,

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.