[elinks-users] Re: force text wrapping?

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Wed Nov 19 13:50:01 PST 2003

Dear diary, on Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 09:10:04PM CET, I got a letter,
where Glenn Harris <gharris-list at eklo.com> told me, that...

> Is there a way to force elinks to wrap text at 80 columns?
>
> Certain websites seem to not wrap very well and I end up with a 100 column
> page that I have to do horizontal scrolling to read, which can be rather
> annoying.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to do this yet. Try to press '*' to
remove links to images, that might help. But unfortunately, some tables
are just too wide to fit there, and ELinks would have to make
"asymetric" columns in the tables (with each cell of different width).
I'm not sure if it would be possible to modify the current tables
layouting algorithm to do that, probably noone besides Mikulas really
understands it anyway ;-).

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.